The Nashville Association of Black Journalists will award two $250 book or technology scholarships to Nashville area college students for the spring semester of 2014. The association is a chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists, whose goals include providing quality programs and support to its professional and student members.
You’re encouraged to apply. Here are the criteria:
- Rising juniors or seniors majoring in journalism, public relations or marketing
- Must attend a university or college in the Nashville area or in southern Kentucky
- A grade point average of at least 2.5 is required. Extracurricular activities will be considered.
- Complete an application, write a 500-words essay on why you chose to study communications and how your plan to use your degree, and provide a transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member and samples of your journalistic work
- Must be a full-time student and will be required to provide receipts showing purchases of books or technology.
Deadline: The application form, essay and transcript are due Friday, Nov. 29, 2013. They can be submitted by mail through the organization’s address above or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit here for more information and to download an application please visit here.